"I will not offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God which cost me nothing ." - David (2Sa 24:24)

There is something valuable about giving up to God (something) that cost us (something, forgive the redunduncy), moreover cost us everything. In this passage, David realizes his flaw and begins to atone for it by setting up an altar from another person's territory. Though his subject allows him to offer his sacrifice free of charge of venue even provide his own working bull as an offering, David strictly declines: "No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price, for I will not offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God which cost me nothing." In the end it says the Lord was moved by David's prayer and lifted judgment upon him and Israel. Three things when we talk about offering God something that means something: (1) Meet your God in your threshing floor. (2) Never deceive yourself by allowing others pay for your load. (3) Understand that your heart/attitude and actions (in other words, integrity) comes to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment