We just concluded our semi-annual Youth All-out Praise and Worship of section 2 youth department. It was a blast! There were many youths who attended and it was just as good as the last time. Indeed God moved in the place. Lord, this is for you, that was my song for Him as we close this year in the Section 2 Youth. I am very thankful for his goodness and faithfulness in my life. "Goodness" and "faithfulness" cannot even justify his gracious work in my life. He far did better in its purer sense. Sometimes you keep asking God, "why me?"

Coming from the event, I was a little discouraged with what was going on with our youth lately. Well, I guess some of it is just out of impulse of emotion. But that noon I physically felt a pain of sorrow in my chest because some people are not enthusiastic about getting together. It was really sad. All I could do was pray. I wish I could have someone listen AND understand what I feel but I guess that's part of the call I've embraced. I could imagine and feel what a pastor feels when he feels he doesn't get 100% support.

But indeed in exchange of sorrow and mourning our God has given me joy when I see young people get on fire for God. My only prayer is that from these breed would rise catalysts and change agents of our time. Our speaker Ptr. Sur mentioned about an article in a journal about the current psyche of our youth, that they are people who dwell in tribes, they live in a "cut and paste" lifestyle - meaning whatever seems fit (good or bad) for me, I will take it. Young people live in social tribes where in they share common ideologies and uphold one another's perspectives and would "die" defending one, good or bad. If indeed they are tribes, may they be tribes who would just die for Jesus, who in unity would invade unchartered territories and make it God's. I pray that God would raise up warriors who are willing to lavishly pour out his life for Him, those who would forcefully advance the kingdom of God further and increase it's borders.

Thank you Lord that I'm living in Your-story.
Your faithful love has always been there for me
The greatest love that I've ever known
What can I give to You for all You've given to me?
You gave it all and You are all I need

You are my King, You are my God
The praises I bring, they come from my heart

This is for You for all You've done for me
And I wanted to show You how much You mean my God
My God

No comments:

Post a Comment