Life in a Nutshell

It's been a while since I last blogged. It's second week at school and it's great. I'm quite motivated by my subjects this semester, hugely because the professors are very gifted and effective. Even my 8AM class in during Thursday kept me from being late for two weeks now. Let me share a bit about my subjects this sem. My favorite subject for this sem is old testament theology. Now, I was traumatized by my first theology (new testament) class last sem that I got a grade of 75 (my first! Grr ... Primarily because I was too unmotivated with my professor in this 8AM class. The teaching style and industry of a professor is always a big factor for me in dictating how well I will excel in his class). This theology class is different. Primarily because finally I get to sit in Dr. Daniel Tappeiner's class. Dr. T is like the highest spiritual and academic authority in school (well for me). It's weird that it took two years before I enrolled in one of his class and I hear my batchmates tell me how good he was. For the last few sems he's undergoing chemotherapy because of leukemia. I'm so amazed with this guy because even at a very old age (I heard he's like 70? I'm not sure) and with regular visit to chemo which sometimes he comes to class a bit weak, he's still passionate and energetic about imparting his knowledge and experience to students like me. This morning our school introduced the new staff and Dr. T is now our spiritual director, after serving as academic dean for 6 years. And even with this kind of credential he remains as he is, without even a wisp of arrogance.

We didn't have class this evening but instead we were made to attend this counseling seminar which was surprisingly beneficial for me as a minister. After the seminar, I met Dr. T's wife Dr. Zonia Tappeiner, I call her Ma'am Zonia in the elevator and she told me how Dr. T told her about me. Medyo kina-career at may pagka-"valedictorian" kasi ako sa class niya. Ako naman palakpak tenga hehe. I remember Ma'am Zonia pray for me and Netty when we attended our school chapel last semester. It was really very nice of her.

The other two subjects I have is communications and public speaking, and Hebrew book study both taught by very gifted professors. I've noticed that this sem I became more confident in speaking and interacting in class which is good. Unlike before when I was too shy speaking my mind in class (I'm still shy even now at campus I'd pass for Mr. Suplado) and not too afraid that my answer would be wrong. Just like the proverb that said a person who asks question is not ignorant for long, but one who does not ask will be ignorant forever. The class has become a space for molding and sharing.

I've been also busy coordinating our sectional youth ministries network. We have events coming up 2nd half of the year plus a camp on December. This week and last week we've made ocular visits to Tagaytay, Cavite, Antipolo and Batangas to find the elusive campsite. Finally we found one at Nasugbu.

Local youth ministries at Binondo and Valenzuela are doing well because of responsible and passionate youth leaders serving and ministering on both places.

I'm also leaving this Wednesday for Jakarta. I'm attending this year's Asia Pacific Youth Alive Conference there so I've been quite busy arranging finance, flights and passport. I believe this will again be a major breakthrough in my personal ministry and experience.

On a side note, I've become an avid listener of Good Times with Mo in Magic 89.9 when I'm driving in the morning. So funny ...

God is good. All the time!

Please do pray for me:
  • My Jakarta trip on June 20-26.
  • Ministry breakthrough and balance ...
  • Financial support
  • Please pray for my family, without them I woudn't be where I am.
  • Personal health and guidance

No comments:

Post a Comment