Today I decided to go to Cartimar to buy more fish and corals for my salt water aquarium. It was an end-to-end journey from Monumento to Gil Puyat. I shopped a number of corals, surprisingly my only coral (elegance coral it's called) is doing very well in natural lighting (sunlight), before I used to use artificial lighting but now my aquarium is located in the terrace it receives enough light. So I bought 5 more and bought a couple of fishes. I also bought snails which eats up algae from the rocks and glass, because having natural lighting somehow speeds up the growth of algae.

I went home with three full and heavy bags of water-filled plastic bags. The LRT security did not allow me to ride LRT because taking live animals in the train is prohibited... weird, I would understand if it were a dog or cat, but a harmless fish? So I took a jeepney home. It was a long journey home almost an hour..

I have been quite an avid hobbyist for salt water aquariums. I have been setting up aquariums at an early age. I started a 5-gallon fresh water aquarium. I learned of salt water aquarium during highschool and still continues until now.

I really haven't analyzed what's the catch why I so painstakingly set up marine aquariums, not to mention the money I spend in this not-so-cheap hobby. I guess I love to have a peace of the sea near me, the feeling of calm and love for nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment