Woke up this morning very, very early. Today was the Youth Leadership Training in which I would be speaking in a subject. Last two nights I slept quite late... It was a tough preparation plus pressure. Never had some action for quite sometime so I welcome the stretch. :)

It was quite a rush, I woke up only an hour early. I had to attend to my aquarium first because there was a dead fish stuck in the crevices and need to take it off. It smelled horrendous. We left and took the fastest way to ICS where Kuya Sur pastors.

We arrived just in time. We registered. I was too embarassed to introduce that I was a speaker so they made a laminated nametag while there was prepared nametags for the teachers. The crowd was approximately 30. And as the hours passed and my time was getting near I felt my heart pound louder and louder. Then it was my time.

Kuya Sur thought I handled it pretty well. Mimi told me I talked fast and loud (My time flew fast). I was a little scared how the crowd will receive me since we're almost the same ages and perhaps they have more experience than me. It's all good. Glad I passed the first-time rite of passge. I will still be speaking next time to continue my session.

I felt really good. Touching lives and adding value to these young leaders was a great responsibility yet a privilege and honor. I'm humbled and honored teaching together with the key leaders of National Youth Department.

Before going home we got a quick bite in Megamall and guess who I found there. Teresa, the Taiwanese delegate from AIYS 2004. We're both very delighted to see each other. She is here in training as the Book of Hope coordinator in Taiwan.

I have this aching pain in the back. My mom for days have been telling me its my posture. Maybe its that. Maybe it's also the strain my put my joints into when I stretch. Am I getting old? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment