Today is my birthday. I'm now 23, though before I thought I was 23. I always add up one year to my age, so I would act more mature (is that right..) Anyway, I see myself as 24 now.. time had really flown very very fast. I remember a quote from Gandalf in LOTR: "I've walked with men for three hundred years but now I have no time..." something like that.

I have not much celebrated my birthday today. Today was the last day of our youth leadership training. I woke up still tired. I practiced last night as worship leader for Sunday. I went to ICS still sleepy, silent and edgy.

I did not speak today. Something was different. Except for Kuya Sur's frequent acknowledgement of my birthday in front, which everytime made me smaller and smaller. But I appreciate his expression of acknowledgement. I'm just a terribly shy person.

I met quite a number of noisy people that tested my patience today. It made me look different, unpopular and boring.

Since this morning I received lots of SMS, MMS, emails greeting me a happy birthday... really appreciated they remembered. My family gave me a white gold necklace.. Brznf gave me a chime and a sea shell display..

Today at 23, I am ever been blessed with God on my side. I hope and pray that my hope for the ministry soon come to pass. But even if not, Hebrews tells us Abraham and the Old Testament people never saw their dreams fulfilled, only in a distance... to add to that, they were persecuted, tortured, sawn in half... But still they persisted and persevered. That's how I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment