First Day Funk

Parokya ni Edgar never loses their freshness & originality in their songs. I heard their new song First Day Funk in the commercial of a deodorant. Then I saw it on MTV, cool video. I like Parokya, their songs are very creative and funny. I got a chance to watch them in Malate last year, they rock, they humor the audience. My band before got to sing front-act for them in ICA during my college days.

Also saw Bamboo's video "Hallelujah". Makes me wonder if he is also Christian already. Rivermaya has also released "Christian-like" songs such as "Liwanag sa Dilim", "You'll be Safe Here" & "Imbiscilesque". I feel religious-like songs will be a trend and I fear that others will ride with the trend.

I'm thinking of using this song for my message for incoming classes of the youth...

First Day Funk

[+] Let’s do the funk | Let’s do the first day funk

[+] First day of school dapat cool na cool | Mas cool pa sa tubig ng swimming pool | Dapat talaga maganda na agad ang pasok | Pagpasok mo ng classroom, dapat umuusok | Wag na wag kang mapapraning | Sagot kita! diretso ang tingin | Di dapat maatat na mapansin | Kahit hot lahat, dapat “chill” pa rin | Hinding hindi yumuyuko, kahit na nakaupo | Di ko sinasabi na dapat maging mayabang | Pero dapat di ka “mahiyain na halaman” | Confidence chong, lakas loob | Wag na wag kang patataob | Kahit sa tapat ng maganda mong kakalase | Mas lalo na sa prof mong mukhang salbahe | Dance!

[+] Itaas ang kamay, iwagayway | Salute the prof at sabay kaway | Mag-classmate high-5 lang kayo | Now don’t be shy, kwela skwela ‘to | Just raise your hand kung may sagot | If you don’t know the answer, eh di lagot | Just erase the board, at magsayaw | Lagyan ng funk ang pag-galaw | Sayaw!

[+] May dumating na isang babae | Sobrang “hottie” na ka-klase | Sya’y lumapit at nag “hi” | Ako nama’y napakaway | Akala ko ako ang kanyang kinakawayan at hindi ko inakala na ang nasa likuran | Kahit na napahiya, hindi ako kinakabahan | Wala na tong ibang mapupuntahan | Sayaw

No comments:

Post a Comment