Day in the Life: Long Day

It's been a long day today. Today is my campus ministry day. Surprisingly woke up at 7AM by myself (snaps for me) and started preparing for my campus visit in CCM. Took a quick shower and tricycle my way to LRT.

I arrived at CCM around 10AM and our smallgroup is already waiting for me. It was a great first smallgroup meeting this semester. Had a great time catching up and sharing and encouraging one another. Netty followed around 11AM. By 12 noon we went to CEU to visit a youth of mine to catch up on each other's lives over lunch. I haven't seen her for quite a while so Netty and I were so happy to see her telling her that she was "blooming" which was not bola but true. Around 2PM, we were to meet Ate Merla in a student center in Morayta. I figured it should be in United Baptist Church, because they had a large youth center. I was glad to find out that the Doulos (Ship) Team was holding a booksale in the student center. And this time majority of the books were inspirational and cheaper. We met Ate Merla with her friends there. Turns out that that was not the student center they were using but the one over the FEU side. After buying some books, we headed there to spend sometime to catch up with friends. By 4PM, we went back to CCM with the intention to get to know new students and share faith with them which turned out pretty well.

After a long day's work (with all the sun and smoke, we look and smelled un-fresh already), we went to Glorietta to have dinner and catch a movie (One More Chance :). On the way there, Netty surprised me with a WordSearch book, that I wanted to buy when we were in Doulos (It was so sweeet of her). Arriving there we discovered that the queue to the move was so long since it was 1st day of showing so we figured to just have dinner and coffee. We were able to see Netty's friends (Christian, Daniel, Claire and Jen) and shared a dinner at World Chicken. They went off to see Beowulf and Netty and I went to Starbucks to have coffee. She's eagerly collecting this years Starbucks planner :) It was my first time this season to have a hot cup of Peppermint Mocha which was very exciting. Then we took the word search book and had a little competition on answering the most hidden words. It was a quality time moment :) After coffee I took her home and stayed a little longer watching PBB. Arrived home at 11:30PM blessed and thankful.

Blessed and Thankful that ...
  1. I received a new project after a friend of the Rebound Movie staff saw the site. Thankful for the projects He's sending me.
  2. I am able to connect with students and young people and being able to minister to them.
  3. Thankful for the company of Netty. A real encourager and encouragement, equally passionate about young people and full of grace even after a whole day's work.
Please pray with us as we continue to minister to the students of CCM.

No comments:

Post a Comment