Day in the Life: Parents

Yesterday we decided to visit my home church BFGFC for sunday service. We were blessed by a very practical and timely message by our pastor on How to be joyful always in the Lord. This was also the first time we visited after we were commissioned to missions by the church.

Our primary purpose though in visiting was to see our parents. Because this weekend and the next, we will be staying straight in Makati because my in-laws are abroad on the first week and I will be going to Batangas on the 2nd week. I know that they appreciate us staying home at least once a week. In fact early after marriage we use to stay more in Caloocan. But now that I have a job in ortigas and Nette's got her clinic in Makati. It's more practical to stay in Makati during weekdays. In fact we do miss our house in caloocan because we have the house to our own.

We learn soon that they have an afternoon church meeting. We planned to spend time with them in the mall. Clearly my parents are sad that we can't be togeter for some more time. We too am sad that it was so. I discover the reality of growing up. Once a person marries his attention is now to his wife. I'm glad that my parents have brought me up in a way that I desire to see them still as an adult married person. But I realize our time with our parents is not forever. So while you have time and still single, make the most to love them and serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment