The Fighter

Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today ... The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still. / Ex 14:13-14 NLT

For the past few days I feel as if my deeds outweigh my love for the King. I was reading through Experiencing God once again and read about asking ourselves whether we can honestly declare Mark 12:30 of loving God with all of my mind, soul and strength. I feel I am falling short of that. My mind struggles to justify before this audience that there must be some reasonable explanation why. Perhaps there is too much work. Aren't I'm doing this for Him anyway? But I have just to let it be. I need God. I need His presence--always.

Last night I went to an evening service whose topic was incidentally about Jacob. His story has been ringing in my life in the last few days. I can always relate to Jacob. Deceitful, bent and a coward. But yet in his most vulnerable moment God struggled with Him. God's question: What is your name? Who are  you really? I am Jacob the Deceiver. I am weak. I am proud. I am nothing without You. For us to overcome God sets a mirror in front of us to see and acknowledge who we really are in the light of God.

In the light of this season I read through today's reading. The Israelites are crossing the sea. It required for each of them to believe. Murderous Egyptians on one side, an open sea on the other. What are the odds of dying today? But just as the Master Writer of our story always show himself to be, He's always ready to surprise us beyond our imagination. Let's split the sea so you can pass through it and cross the other side. There are times when I feel trapped between time and the day like sitting on a conveyor belt till it drops you on the edge. But these words of affirmation instructs me how to go through such times:

Do not be afraid. God is saying to me to be strong and take courage. To wait on Him and find new strength. Because He has promised me that He is always with me.

Stand firm. That despite of the challenge. I must never give up on my calling or give in to enemy lies like my life depended on it. No matter what.

Be still. That I must listen to the still small voice. Stillness is silent confidence of knowing who you are and who your God is.

Why? Because God is fighting for us. I am not alone. He is fighting for me. He fights for my trust. He fights for my love. He fights for my success.

No comments:

Post a Comment