Sunday morning

It’s Sunday morning, and we are going to miss church today. Nette is sick because of the travel. It was a long journey home yesterday from Nasugbu where Grace’s (Nette’s cousin) wedding was held. Nevertheless, our time in Nasugbu was a time of rest and refreshing. We got to swim, and sleep and just recover from all the travels that we had from ministry (I have yet to blog about our Bicol and Baguio trips.)

It was also a time of reflection and processing what happened the last few months to our lives. I got to just stop, sit and recollect all the things that had happened, and just became overwhelmed with joy for what God has done to our life. So I posted in Facebook:

This is one of the memorable summers of my life @Jesus @netty @friends @xa @aiys @adventures @blessings @bloopers … Thank you Jesus! I feel like 20 again.


It was indeed one of the best summers I had lately. Previous summers just went by. This one’s memorable. For a while I’ve been sort of clueless entering my 30th year on earth, felt I’ve become too old. But this summer I’ve experienced a personal awakening that set me up for the years to come. It was a balance of ministry and my personal journey with the Lord. Walking this earth with my wife and being surrounded by caring family and friends. The theme song of this awakening is “I know who I am, I am yours, and you are mine.” I have rediscovered my identity in Christ and in His kingdom.


I was trying to find this particular passage (which is also an old chorus we sang at church) to reflect on God’s goodness in my life. And finally God showed it to me this morning.


Praise the Lord, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.


- Psalm 103:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment