The Real January

Today I decided to come to office. My schedule at the office is Mondays and Wednesdays, but since this week's workdays was only Thursday and Friday, I decided to come over. Apparently many people are still on a holiday hangover because we were only four at the office, and yesterday I was told it was also as few. For the whole morning, I worked on projects. I'm enjoying this time because I've caught up with my project backlogs.

I've been enjoying this time, this past few days because once again time has become a luxury. I've been spending great extended time with the Lord in my extended times of solitude and personal devotion. More time with my wife and my loved ones. A time to reflect, think, and write. If life can just be like this, but in a few more days, the real January will come. Clients will be breathing on my back once again. I will be back in campus ministry, among other things. That's why these times are so precious. Because I'm readying myself, steadying myself. Before I go out there again I want to reinforce my foothold in Christ, the only unchangeable thing in this world and in my life. I believe that when my relationship with God is OK, it directly affects every facet of my life. I am reminded of the Steve Furtick article about making Christ not just the first, but the center of our lives in 2013 - http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-how-to/147384-don-t-put-jesus-first-this-year.html

Here are some things on the top of my head that I'd like to do more this year:
  • Communicate more clearly, care more deeply
  • Solitude, stop, think, reflect, write - these are indispensable moments where I recharge and regain stability
  • Don't let my quiet time fall into the list of my priorities - This is a non-negotiable, pivotal and will dictate how every facet of my life will turn out.
  • Spend more quality time with my wife, appreciate her more
  • De-multitask. This article resonates. "How to slow down in 2013". It shares 5 things on how to slow down including taking long walks and eating slowly. Simple yet true - http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/whole-life/5-ways-slow-down-2013
  • I am who God designed me to be. I have my own strengths, abilities. I can be confident with who I am in the light of Christ and not other people's shadow.
  • Spend more time with my family and loved ones.
  • Connect and catch up with friends more. Be open to new friendships.
  • Laugh more and enjoy life. Don't take life too seriously. Thank God more. Give more.
  • Stop procrastinating. Rest time should be rest time. Work time should be work time.
  • My horizontal relationships hangs on my vertical relationship.
  • Serve God in new and meaningful ways.
  • Health is wealth.
  • Be more present in the present. Enjoy the moment. Be there in the now.
My wife and I are also preparing ourselves for the upcoming Prayer and Fasting week. It's important to start the year on your knees. We're coming up with our faith goals and faith commitments this year, and we're excited at how God will once again display His greatness, love and just-in-time moments this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment