Day in the Life: Toledo City

It's almost 8am today in Toledo City. This is the 2nd day of our Cebu-Dumagete visit for Chi Alpha. I thank God for His protection and strength.

Yesterday, we arrived in Mactan airport around 6:30AM. Ptr. Paul and his wife Ate Lovely were so gracious to pick us up and have breakfast together. After dropping Ate Love to her office (it's still a workday for the working people despite the EDSA holiday), we picked up Ptr. Rodel and went to Toledo City, our first stop of the trip.

Breakfast fellowship with Ptr. Paul and Ate Love Mongas.


We arrived in Toledo City past 10am and some 150 young people from the West Section of Cebu City have already started their praise and worship. Despite not having enough sleep (I only slept during our flight), I thank God because He sustained me through my preaching. I preached about God's relentless love from Hosea. After that we had lunch together and they checked us in in this clean and spacious inn.

Speaking at the hearts event.

I slept through the afternoon to gain some strength and around 6PM went to our next engagement. Never in my mind that this is the time when we will be speaking to married couples. The event was our host church's married couples valentines event. It was pretty intimidating that we will be speaking to couples who were married longer than us (we're already married for 5 years, the longest marriage that was there was some 47 years). But I reminded myself that I'm not just teaching based on age and experience, but by the authority and principles of God's Word. This was also the first time I team speak with my wife Nette. I'm so happy that I got to do this with her.

Photo with the husbands.

After that we stayed for a couple more hours to hang out with the key leaders of XA Toledo. It was fun to hangout with them, hear their victories and struggles and pray with them.

Late night hang-out with student leaders of XA Toledo.

All in all, I'm so thankful that God's favor and grace allows us to do this ministry. Thank God for His strength and wisdom that sustains us to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment