Today I went to Makati to pick up the graduation pics of our school. I'm in charge of the multimedia on our school's graduation ceremonies. Before that I went to pick up the Hebrew Book I photocopied in Asturias. Ahh, the UST days. Went to Glorietta, Netty and I were gonna watch 300, finally much anticipation because everyone who saw it recommended it. So for 3 hours I walked around G4 and Greenbelt 3, going around bookstores free reading. Finally I was able to find the book I was looking for months now, I forgot the title and author until I saw it on the shelf again. It is Paulo Coehlo's "Like the Flowing River." It's a collection of the authors reflections and thoughts. After spending some time reading its first 30 pages at Fruit Magic, I am more amazed at how this guy writes. Some memorable entries are "The Story of the Pencil," "How to Climb a Mountain," and the story about Genghis Khan.



"300" was a good movie. I am reminded by the movie "Gladiator" when I saw it. The movie is about the king of Sparta and how he and his 300 men fought the advancing Persian kingdom. The movie was rated R for violence and nudity. I liked the cinematography of the film which by the way was 100% shot behind blue/green screens. But most of all, I liked it because I was affirmed by the movie's leadership insights (though it's hardly their intention). His leadership is something to be admired and acquired. He lead his men to war: Leaders ought to be in the front lines, not like chess players playing their soldiers. He was relevant yet had commanding authority. He was respected by his men and they were loyal to him. I hope that's how I'm practicing my leadership.

1 comment:

  1. hello!
    While surfing in the net I discovered your profile and I love the work of Paulo Coelho!!!! Do you know that he is launching his new book, The Witch of Portobello, through his blog
    http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com?
    I found it out because i'm inscibed to his newsletter http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
    it's simply wonderful!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete