"I Was About to Take My Life Until I Met You"



This evening, Netty and I visited the University Belt church planting team in their home base in Paco and we heard this testimony from one of the volunteers. Today, a Mapuan student in Intramuros was about to take her life that same night if someone hadn't shared to her the gospel. In tears she tells her contact worker that for two weeks she's been praying that someone would talk to her. Plagued by family crises, she decided tonight is the night that she would buy a sodium-based poison and that she'll drink it when she gets home and never wake up again. She was approached by one of the volunteers in the field who's roughly same age as her, she heard the gospel, gave her life to Christ with a new sense of hope and tomorrow, she's getting water baptized! Words cannot describe my amazement and overwhelming awe of God's move in that student's life. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pat thanks for sharing this. I linked it on my multiply, hope you don't mind :D

    ReplyDelete