Asaph Remix (Psalm 73)

Who dares to speak?
Who dares to look?
Through the eyes of the insignificant
By the mouths of the poor

Birds clamour when the pool is full
Who ever stays with an empty dish?
We are all chess pieces, perishable
Silenced by the hand of flattery

Lord, may give ear to these words!
As I utter tearless cry
May Your justice prevail
When the wicked seemed unshaken

May the Lord bless those who came to Your servant's aid
May they find favor in Your sight
But those who smoke arrogance
May You put to shame

Whom have I in heaven by You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth
My flesh and my heart may fail
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever

But as for me, the nearness of God is my good
I have made the Lord my refuge
That I may tell of all Your works

No comments:

Post a Comment