Can't Ignore His Presence

Yesterday was a very fruitful day. Tiring but very blessed. We had our first discipleship training after our community outreach last week. Coming from Malinta, I arrived quite early at VFGFC. It was 3PM. I thought I could have some rest and preparation before the time comes. I texted friends I made from last week. They are also undergoing discipleship training. I am zooming in on two specific youths, Danny and Arcy. And they joined me as I pass the time.

Early last week during our community promotion, we came to their house armed with flyers of the event. Their friends/family were quite a unique bunch. A cool mom, her children, and their friends, some were gays and lesbians. Reveling over cigarettes at other times beer and gambling. I tried to be as "Christian" as possible. But soon I was losing my patience because some were trying joke me around. Zarah Grace was patient partner. Leaving their compound I aired my frustration with my partner. Later I thought and was amazed at how would Jesus handle it as he befriended "tax collectors and sinners." WWJD? But throughout the 5 day outreach, Danny's mom and their children participated in the events, walang mintis. They were drawn by the joyful atmosphere and impartiality in church that by the end of our outreach they received Jesus and signed up for weekly discipleship.

That afternoon, we decided to start our discipleship which was supposed to be in the evening. Even if it was just the first lesson and preliminaries there was such joy in our fellowship. They were opening up experiences they said they've never told anyone yet. They were eager to read the Bible and learn it. Even though I know they're still into cigarettes and drinking, I'm just overwhelmed that God is doing something in their lives; and I believe and pray that one day they will give it up for following Jesus. By evening they've gathered by the church foyer, with some friends from their group (they made this group which they say is composed of around 40 youths), and I was able to counsel one who just broke up with her girlfriend (they were 7 years old apart and the girl is 13 years old!) Danny and Arcy shared to me that since our outreach events, Arcy had already a difficult time cursing (saying bad words) and their friends were noticing it teasing her makaDiyos; and they were trying to tell their friends to come to church because there's something happy and light about the place. Truly when God's presence dwells, there's just something different one can't help but not ignore it.

Please continue to pray for our work in Valenzuela. Our goal to raise up youth leaders who will join us in reaching the whole community for Christ. Also pray for our students, Danny and Arcy and the other youths who are undergoing training. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment