I'm a kid with ADD

I got to get back on the habit on blogging. Not so much because I'm a busybody that I can't post new entries more frequently, but in fact it is total laziness, not in hitting the keys, but in processing the mind and sharing my thoughts. Just as I wrote in my last post, I'm in this state of hibernation. I was scanning this book Spirit-filled Temperament by Tim La Haye and it writes how a melancholy or choleric temperament (I'm not sure which one) incurs in himself great depression after experiencing great victory. Could this be true in my situation? It has happened a few times. But I am hesitant to accept this. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."

On the other hand I think that I am in desperate need these kinds of valleys. I forget to ask myself what I always ask before. "Where is God in all of these? What is He teaching me?" I'm a kid suffering from ADD. And perhaps the only way He could put my right where He wants me to be--in His loving and healing presence is shutting the lights off--out from the sparkles and noise and finally emerge as who I really am--an ordinary guy before an extra-ordinary, great and loving Father. He snuffs those moth-drawing lights so that finally He could catch me and embrace his beloved son, the one who was lost but now is found. "I am the only One you need. My heart aches to finally get a chance to tell you that you are loved, accepted, with NOTHING TO PROVE; I rejoice over you, my child, with singing. I quiet you with my love. I'm not a God who drives a slave to hardwork, in fact my yoke is easy and my burden is light. I am your Father and you are my beloved son."

Let me be always reminded that I'm not Superman, but just a vessel--that is just ordinary, nothing special--without His heavenly treasures kept inside; just an ass, literally and figuratively--if not used for the Master's service. "Knowing me sucks unless you see Christ in me." Let Him increase and I decrease.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

No comments:

Post a Comment