Yesterday's Crazy Schedule and Bombing

Satuday. We just concluded a 15 hour (5 nights) seminar on Carecells. A group of Singaporeans from Trinity Christian Center came down for ministry exposure. They were here last May through Chi Alpha and we also got to know them and build friendship with them. I wrote before the one word that I would describe them is DRIVEN, they are still now. They've never lost their passion, it was a LIFESTYLE. I have learned so much from them.

Looong day yesterday, slept at 3AM because of a project (Subpix posters). 10AM I was already in Robinsons Place Manila for cellgroup consultation with Ptr. Edwin & Ptr. Carmelo. At 12, went to Alva to print the posters I made. This wasn't supposed to be my job (to print my design for the client) but the client is so busy that he cannot do it, so he just paid me for the effort & the gas. While waiting to print, I was in KFC taking my lunch. Then I got a text that Glorietta 2 was bombed. At first I was skeptic, but another text came confirming the incident. And I was going to Makati. 3PM I picked up the posters and head for Makati. Turned on the AM Radio and listened as the tragedy unfold.

It's devastating what fear can do to you. If there's one thing I learned about the incident yesterday is that these people who did this sowed fear to the people. Fear immobilizes you. Nails you that you keep yourself from moving forward. It creates paranoia. Just listening to the reports as it came in, it gave a sense of fear for your safety. I heard someone say that fear is the number one weapon of the devil. He'll keep you frozen to move on. He'll sow thoughs of "what if's" so you won't pursue God's plan altogether. But God didn't give us a spirit of timidity, but the Spirit of boldness, love and a sound mind. Love drives away fear. It's like light vs. darkness. Ptr. Edwin says that light NEVER wrestles with darkness, darkness just flees whenever light comes. That's what love does.

There's a point where you could choose to continue listening and continue to be fearful or just leave it. I mean I already got the facts, and the news just keeps on repeating. So at one point even if it was difficult to switch from the news, I turned on the CD player and played and listened to some God-songs. 4PM I delivered the posters in Makati Avenue. 5PM I picked up Ptr. Edwin and Ptr. Carmelo from Hospicio de San Jose (they visited an orphanage the whole afternoon) and when went to church. After the seminar, I treat them for a Chinese dinner in Ongpin (they've been treating me for a couple of nights). I dropped them in their hotel by 11PM and got home and talked to Netty by Netty tells me I am not Superman. True. Earlier Ptr. Edwin shared that Singaporeans are crazy planners, they do things by the second. I am also like that at times. And I'm trying to start working on my inhumane schedule. After a few hours finally I got a well-deserved sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment