Nasugbu Visit

Finally after a week's hustle and bustle, I'm nailed to the house. Finishing my message for tomorrow. This week's been surprisingly hectic. I thought finally I will have rest after last weeks nightly seminars at church. But projects have been queueing, thank God, on the downside I'm still adjusting to the abnormal sleeping habits of sleeping late. I feel the work stress has been affecting my body, I'm experiencing problems with my stomach and my eyes. I want to get myself checked up next week.

Tuesday was a break from work when I and Welfert went to Nasugbu to coordinate the cooking team for the camp. We figured it would be easier to get the help of a local church to do the cooking for us instead of bringing a team from Manila. But anyways, it was a rainy-cold trip to Nasugbu. And we're welcomed like VIPs. A taste of local Batangas hospitality. It was such a blessing and a breather for me to witness such dedicated and inspiring ministers of the Lord. Especially Ptra. Carumba who was our contact. She has already grandchildren, but her raw passion for the Lord is evident by her age. It was a blessing listening to her stories back in BBC and Manila Faith, also her ministry stories during Martial Law. It's like saying to me, ministry doesn't start and end with me, we're just all part of God's story in His effort to reconcile men to God through Jesus. Ministry wasn't born yesterday. God has been using people even before I was born and it wouldn't stop when I die (So it's like okay to get some break sometimes! :) Indeed it is not about us. We also met Ptr. Mike Anciado, a young Nth generation pastor of Nasugbu First AG. We visited their newly renovated church. They have this wall of old and new pictures showing the growth of the church. Indeed the trip was a slice of history lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment