New Year "Resolutions"

It's 3AM and I'm still awake. Doing some work for my boss in States. Apparently they don't celebrate holidays like we do, they're up again and back to work.

It's 2009. I have in my mind a lot of "resolutions". Things I haven't done a lot for last year. I don't want to call them resolutions, because it's the first step to not happening. But you get the idea. Perhaps more of desires and goals for the year (if I could keep up past the first quarter of the year.):

1. I gotta lose weight - My tummy is huge. Have you felt like everytime I eat it's gonna explode because it was too stretching ... yup I don't like the feeling. Plus, the energy really drains fast. Perhaps this is already a sign.

2. I need to go out more, return from being adventurous and take more risks - I felt that 2008 have kept me on the ground, not being able to go here and there like I use to do. That's why it's as if I felt I'm getting old. I miss my younger days when I don't care much what others think and when I would go to places and just be carefree.

3. I will spend more time and love my family, bring it back to them - It's the last year that they will have me as a single son. I will not be away, but when I get married priorities will change as I now have to build my own family. So I will try my best to be a good son before they take me to the altar (Oi hinahatid din ang lalaki sa altar hehe :) To take it farther, I feel I'm being drawn back to my roots not only as a son in my biological family but in my spiritual family which brings me to number 4:

4. I will simplify myself - Past few years I had an opportunity to be involved in various causes. I am grateful for all of them. They're God-given. However this time I felt that I have to detox myself from extra-curricular overload. Too much can spread you too thin and head for a burn out. I have to give sometime to prepare myself spiritually, emotionally and mentally.

5. I will cherish my last 377 days (to be exact) with Netty (before two of us become one ... hey, that's a song!) - I think our relationship as BF-GF is a unique and special season for us. We've only just begun sabi nga ni Karen ...

Hay ... bangag na ako sa antok.

Random thoughts:
I hope I could join Ptr. Joedy's mission trip to Palawan.
I had a sudden desire to own a PSP.

Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment