Deut 13

Deuteronomy 13:6, 3-4, "If (someone) entice you secretly saying 'let us go and serve other gods ... you shall not listen to (his) words, for the Lord your God is testing you to find out if you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall follow the Lord your God and fear Him, you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him and cling to Him."

The world and my flesh is always secretly (or even boldly) enticing me to follow other gods: gods of wealth and riches, slavery to work, gods of flesh and lusts. The Lord searches the heart of the man. Lord in my weakest moments may your mercy abound. In times that I offend by being enticed may your forgiveness descend to the sorry soul. By my allegience my deepest feelings for the Lord is revealed. My soul, he is not just a friend and a loving Father, but He is also a holy God. He tests you to find out if you love Him. Lord may Your love abound on the day of reckoning. Follow, fear, keep, listen, serve and cling. They are words of submission and emptying. Lord, may I grow in these statutes of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment