He Is More Than Enough

1 John 2:15-17, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world--the cravings of the sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but of the world. The world and it's desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

O taste and see that the Lord is good, my soul. Lord, forgive me when I stray away my eyes from you to lust on what I see, to feed the lust of my flesh and boast on the things that I own and what I do. My soul, O taste and see that the Lord is all you need. He is more than enough. Realize that you cannot be in two places at once. "No one can serve two masters. Either he will love the one and hate the other." He is more than enough. It's in Him you will find your fill and your completion. Focus your eyes on Him. Guard your heart and mind. Sanctify them before the Lord. And the Lord who is gracious and merciful will make His face shine upon you. Remember: "The man who does the will of God lives forever." "Blessed is the man who trusteth in Him."

"The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment