Whom the Lord Knew

Deuteronomy 34:10, "Since that time no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses whom the Lord know face to face."

"Whom the Lord knew ..." I have three reflections: (1) Does the Lord know who we really are? Such a foolish question, but for a moment let us be. That if the Lord is an average man would he be able to truly know us by our faithful allegiance and sudden betreyals, by our walkings and lying downs. But indeed He is God and more than anyone, He knows our ins and outs, the inner workings of our hearts. Soif God knows who I am, (2) Do I know who I really am? That in the midst of His presence and bountiful graces I would attempt to sabotage this honor and grace by bringing back the old person. Something is lacking: consistency, truthfulness and integrity. Lord draw me near and forgive my sins, that I may worship you with wholehearted devotion. My prayer is that (3) may I know myself as you have known me all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment