Influencers

Just thought about the people who have influenced me one way or the other ...

Bossa Nova music - Gina Morata
She was my music teacher back in high school Chiang Kai Shek College. I remember everytime I have recital she would choose for me bossa nova pieces to play. First piece I played was "So Nice/Summer Samba". Also played "The Wave" & "Masquerade".

Acid Jazz music - Duke Shih
Duke was our bassist in my band that spanned from 3rd year high school to college. He had a lot of acid jazz selection CDs which played in his car.

Playing instruments - Dad
My dad calls himself a "frustrated combo". Perhaps I come from a musical lineage. My dad taught me to play the guitar on his Stratocaster.

Web design - JP Tantiansu
JP introduced to me the world of web design back in college. He introduced me to Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver & HTML. Became part of his design company Eggshell Media.

Youth Ministry - Jess Tomagan
Met Kuya Jess way, way back when I was still a teen. His attitude towards ministry has really inspired me to pursue ministry myself. Am very grateful that he has taught me a lot of things in ministry, family & life. Our relationship had grown from a mentoring relationship to colleages in ministry.

Aquarium hobbying & animals - Dad
My dad loves animals. He would have dogs and cats in our house when I was a kid. I remember as an elementary student he bought me my first 5-gallon green stripped aquarium. It had a hallow blue castle where fish could explore. My favorite fishes then were red swordtails, tiger barbs & red tail black sharks. In high school I ventured into salt-water aquariums. Today I am not keeping any pets because of my lifestyle, but I still enjoy watching them.

Diving - Criz Ah
Criz introduced me to scuba diving in the early 2000s. Together with his siblings we took 9 classes on basic diving. I have a diving license but I have only dove on two occasions: Anilao (Batangas) and Balicasag (Bohol). This is because they would often schedule their trips on weekends.

Handwriting - Mom
My mom is to be credited for my creepily lovely and legible penmanship. I didn't learn it, it was already in the genes. I remember becoming the class secretary one time during high school because of my hand writing and teachers would often task me to write notes on the board for the class to copy.

Bible school - Sur del Rosario
Kuya Sur was the one who encouraged me to enter bible school. The first time I met him was on our district convention in Caliraya in 2003. He challenged me to come to Asian Institute of Youth Studies in APTS Baguio that summer where I received my calling as a minister. I remember later in the program we had this talk in the chapel where he challenged me to pursue ministry and equip myself. So October 2004 I enrolled in ASCM. And by March 2010 I will be graduating.

Still thinking of more influencers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment