Acts 3: Times of Refreshing

Acts 3:19, "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

Times of refreshing in the presence of God only comes by repenting and returning to Him. There are times when the spiritual emotionalism wears down and one has to decide for himself to faithfully walk the long, narrow journey to the Promised Land. The moment we step into the common movements of life we are immediately exposed to the fallen nature. We get our feet dirty by the mud of the world. Thus we need our feet washed once more in His presence and let ourselves be refreshed. I have realized that I am a not a strong man independent of Him to keep myself pure daily in my thoughts, words and actions. But I am a weakling, like a child, in constant dependence to the sustenance of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment