Devotion: Leviticus 11 & 12

Leviticus 11:44, "For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy."

God has set up statutes and laws that sets his people apart from the world. "You shall not eat ... touch their carcass ... [or] pick up their carcass ... or you will be unclean." "Do not render yourselves detestable (11:43). This is what makes me holy, set apart. Lord, may You continually render Your strength and Your vision that I may refrain from picking up or touching the carcasses of sin. Surround me with Your joy and Your presence that I may not wander, chasing after the pleasures of the world. "I have hidden Your word in my heart that I may not sin against Thee". Instill upon my an intense hate for sin that I would not be found dead with it, but have compassion to those who are enslaved by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment