Devotion: Leviticus 9 & 10

Leviticus 10:3, "By those who come near Me I will be treated as holy. And before all the people I will be honored."

We see that before Aaron was to become the high priest of Israel, he had to cleanse and atone for his sins by the offerings. He need to do this so that (1) he could make an atonement for the people (9:15) and (2) he could enter the tent of meeting where the presence of the Lord was. As a Christ follower leading followers keeping myself pure and holy--my sins atoned for--is very important before I go on the frontlines of warfare and lead the army. Doing "which He had not commanded" has caused the life of Nadab and Abihu, and would be the devastation of my ministry. We see that as leaders we ought to be a step ahead of our flocks in terms of purity and holy living. "Let not many of you become teachers ... knowing that as such we will incur stricter judgment" (James 3:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment