Leviticus 20

Leviticus 20:24 & 26, "I am the Lord your God, who has separated you from the peoples ... Thus you are to be holy to me, for I the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the people to be Mine."

In every law God sets up for the people of Israel, he concludes with "I am the Lord" or "I am the Lord your God." "Do not ... for I am the Lord." "You shall ... I am the Lord your God." Every law rests on the foundation that it is worthy of allegience because:

1. "I am the Lord your God." I have made myself a slave under the authority of Christ. Once my loyalty was to sin and therefore under its rule and judgment. But now the Lord has brought me out of Egypt to be free from it. I shall not be mastered by sin anymore because I am now under the service of the Lord's house.

2. "I have set you apart." One of God's defining character that makes Him worthy of worship and loyal allegience is His holiness. I live now in God-country--a land flowing with milk and honey. My identity is now with Christ. Therefore my identity must be shown in broad daylight through the things I do and do not do, by the words I say and do not say. I am now apart from the world and a-part of His holy army. I am to be an example to the world, a model to follow. "Follow me as I follow Christ." I am set apart so that God may dwell in my camp. That I may become a channel of His blessing and righteousness to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment