The Rush of Things

This morning I woke up with a rush in my heart. I slept with unfinished work. So I quickly opened my computer. Checked e-mails and updates from work. Then it dawned to me, what am I hurrying about? Work life has been like this for the past few days, like I was always running after something, that deadline, that time saver so I could do more. It was the first time again that I conciuosly chose to open my computer first before doing devotion when I could have. There is a temptation saying once again, "You are okay now (spiritually ok) good enough for another long haul of mediocrity." But I don't want this kind of attitude anymore. My flesh wants to stand independent once more, my spirit clings tight in dependence to the Source of all things. Indeed it's a constant battle for who will lead this body of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment