Devotion: Acts 1

"Wait for what the Father had promised ..."

1. Wait for God's direction, not my own decisions. The disciples waited by "continually devoting themselves to prayer" (14). God is teaching me to wait for the ministry of victory he has prepared for me. I must also be praying continually while waiting.

2. "The Father has promised." His calling indeed never change, does not cease to be in constant fulfillment in me. It's our hopes and faithfulness that always go dim. God is faithful. My soul, be still and know that He is God. You can trust in Him, put your faith in Him because what he has promised He will make to pass in His perfect time.

3. "What" - His anointing, his blessing. He will not bless our plans if it is not according to His perfect will. No eye has seen and no ear has heard what God has prepared for those who love Him." Take comfort in the thought that each day and week of waiting brings you closer to the fulfillment of His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment