Acts 7: Loving in the Fullness

Acts 7:60, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them."

Often times when someone offends us, we hold them accountable before the Lord. I may not take revenge but the desire of his destruction is eating it's way into my heart. First, sin is done to us, then second, we choose if we let sin spring out of our own hearts, unleashing our monsters within. Stephen knew that such indulgence to what seem to be a just thought of retribution will only disqualify him from the race. "Sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, but you must master it." "Anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment."

Lord, may I be wise enough not to indulge myself with hate, resentment and bitterness disguising themselves as self-dignifying resolves. My soul, be the one who gives away generously. My you be taken advantage more than you take advantage of others. Follow Stephen, who would not have endured if not for the fullness of God's love and strength. Love not out of your lack in personal capacity to give but out of the fullness of the Love that has been richly lavished upon you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment