Celebrating Our Fourth

Last Wednesday, Netty and I celebrated our fourth year anniversary. Someone said, "the days are long, the years are short." That's how it feels. I can still remember our wedding like it's yesterday. I'm so thankful to God for giving me such a lovely and loving wife. Today, I can't imagine my life without her, for reals. She knows which buttons to push, when I'm happy, when I'm sad, or when she needs me to do something for her (insert Billy Joel's She's Always A Woman to Me). I have to remind myself more often of what I heard Ptr. Chris Long say--"Happy Wife, Happy Life"--because this is so true!

Anyway, we sort of had a pattern going on now. The first and third year, we celebrated our anniversary out of town (Singapore & Hong Kong). The years in between we just celebrated at home base. So to celebrate, we had a wonderful lunch date at Yabu, the Japanese tonkatsu place in Glorietta 5. Both of us were looking forward to try it because it's been a buzz last few months about how good the food here is. So everything's tonkatsu--pork, chicken, seafood etc. You get into some ritual of making your own tonkatsu sauce. The tonkatsu was so soft, it was so good. Overall the resto was okay, something you would reserve for a special occasion.

After lunch, we walked around the mall, did some grocery shopping and finally went home to watch some movies. I'm excited for what God has in store for us this year ... a baby perhaps? :) In God's faithful time.

"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels." (Proverbs 31:10)


2 comments: