New Year with Family

Yesterday was the Cadimas new years lunch at the house. As usual there were great food and lots of people. Being an introvert, I dread with too much people at the same time. I realize, it helps to get your mind prepared before meeting a large group of people. Something that I haven't intentionally done in the past.


Before the meal, Jewel read a psalm to ponder on God's faithfulness. Then my mother in law shared a very short exhortation and then she led us all in prayer. I realize, believers should never be ashamed of their faith, they should even take the lead when it comes to this.

I think I stuffed too much food, because they were so delicious. After lunch, I felt so full that I wanted to doze off, but there were people in my bed.


In the afternoon, the cousins went to the mall to watch another MMFF movie. It has become a tradition, that Nette's cousins would go to the movie house on Christmas and New Year to watch a movie, sometimes one after the other.

Last Christmas, we saw Kimidora and yesterday we saw, Vice Ganda's movie. While both movies packed much laughs, they had their own share of chirping crickets because of bad comedy or too much drag. It's sad that popular Filipino movies have come to this--slapstick and elementary humor, to resonate with a movie critic's review I read about another movie entry. I have to admit, coming out of one of these movies, I really felt stupid. But you got what you chose right. I hope we can make better movies. I agree on the suggestion that MMFF's leadership be given to a film organization, not MMDA who is primarily in charge of city traffic and order. I also hope they will feature indie movies of quality content in the mainstream, more accessible to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment