Closing 2013. In with 2014!



Yesterday we went and visited our parents in Caloocan. The last time we step foot there was October. But the place remains the same, with a few small changes here and there. But it's still the home I grew up in as a post-college young adult (We moved a lot when I was a kid).

It was a simple new years eve lunch celebration. I led our new year's prayer, thanking God for His faithfulness in 2013. In the past weeks I've been somewhat loathing this routine break (for reasons that will warrant another blog post), but a few days before I've got an "obvious discovery": We haven't had any major trouble this year, no sickness or loss in our family; we have never lacked, God was just always on time. Despite the challenges and selfish moments in my head, God has brought us through.

My father is turning 60 in 2014. My mom 59. And he said for his birthday he wants to travel, hop on a plane and go somewhere far away ... with snow ... and it's Japan. Okay so we gotta prepare for that.

In the afternoon we went to Lucky Chinatown Mall just to hang-out. Lawrence had his haircut. We also met Zarah his girlfriend there. We planned to hang-out at Starbucks, but since it was full we went to UCC instead and my brother foot the bill (he's grown up now :). We stayed up pretty late (6PM, before the mall had their early new years eve close), hanging out, sharing stories and just enjoying each other's company.


We came home to Makati and the new years noise is starting to build up. The house didn't plan for media noche, but instead prepared for today's New Years Lunch of another sumptuous lunch spread (my mother-in-law cooks really good).

And as the outside world grows noiser by the minute, I'm beside Nette, sharing thanksgivings, memorable moments of 2013, sharing resolutions and commitments. Bottom line: I'm just so thankful I have Nette who is my lover, friend and partner. I was challenged by Ptr Joey Bonifacio's message last Sunday about how this new year he's repeating one of his lifetime goal, to make himself his wife's best friend for life. He even said that when he dies, his tombstone would write "follower of Jesus, wife's best friend, father of so and so". I was so challenged by that that this year I shall do the same, do my best to make myself my wife's best friend.

When the clock struck 12, we worshiped God, thanked Him for his faithfulness in 2013 and entrusted our lives, our marriage, our ministry to the Lord in 2014.

Thank you, Lord for your faithfulness in 2013. We are anticipating your goodness in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment