I just came back from our district (Southern Tagalog District Council) convention held in Caliraya, Laguna where I was initiated into the district and sectional elections. I came in noon at the second day of the convention (I had to miss the first day for my class.) Here are some highlights of my trip.
  • Preparing to go there I learned that Caliraya Lake is a man-made lake made by Americans.
  • Took a bus trip from Manila to Sta. Cruz, Laguna, jeepney from Sta. Cruz to Lumban and enjoyed the scenic road of Pagsanjan with its old stone arches entering the town, old hispanic houses with its prominent staircases leading up to their salas, and Pagsanjan church. I enjoyed it, though I've seen them before. From Lumban drop off I had to take another jeep up to Caliraya but because the jeepneys were always full I had no choice but to hang onto the jeepney until my muscles explode because of strain.
  • Spending time with colleagues and people in the ministry, some whom I grew up with in the ministry, and just share not so much with each other's ministerial duties but with life, personal struggles and dreams.
  • Participating in election. I don't like the feeling. But things like this had to be done.
  • The food of Caliraya is still good.
  • Seeing a full-sized rainbow over the hilltop. I've haven't seen one in a long time. It made me happy.
  • Hitching a ride with Ptr. Wai-man and Sis. Josie back to Manila and just listen, share and learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment