Hopia Mani Popcorn



Got myself a little gift. "Hopia Mani Popcorn" features the best of Manila Sound of the 70's with the likes of Hotdog, VST, Cinderella et al rendered by today's band scene. I'm proud that God has blessed the Filipinos with a rich musical heritage and distinct genres such as the Manila Sound and Pinoy Rock both stemming from the decade of the 70s. 2006 is the ressurection of the bands with the likes of Sandwich, Urban Dub, Kamikaze, Orange and Lemons and others similar that of the rise of the bands of the 90s during my highschool days.

I wish in the near future Pinoy Christian youth bands would make it into the scene (I know there are already lots brewing) with the likes of Hillsong United, Planet Shakers and Vineyard. We need our own identity in expressing our worship to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment