I'm here in an internet cafe in UP Los Banos. The Chi-alpha group here in UPLB has just had their 1st Anniversary celebration in one of the restos here along the strip in UPLB. It's such a blessing to see how Chi-Alpha here in UPLB has grown. I feel so full after the dinner and coffee.

So much has happened in the past few days I wasn't able to blog. Past few days I've been in and out of Divisoria shopping for gifts and buying stuff for our Christmas Concert. It was an adventure, and I realized I could endure such crowds. At one time, I got my slippers stepped on and snapped so I had to return to church (it's just few blocks away) minus one good slipper.

Traffic in Binondo has been hellish eversince the Christmas season came. Binondo is where 168 Mall, Divisoria Mall and tiangges are located so as early as the sun comes up people already flock to Divisoria to snag the lowest item on sale.

Last Saturday we had our Christmas Concert. Though at everyone's observation was the last concert (August) had more people than this one, it's not really about how big the crowd was. It was a new set of people though. And though I'd admit we've crammed for this. It went very well. Not to mention the Christmas rush in Binondo area which delayed the start of our concert by 45 minutes. But it was all good. I am really encouraged by how the young people handled the event, each one did his part. The night before I was really encouraged when I listened to the radio on the way home. Jam (88.3) was having a concert featuring Gary V. His songs and testimonies really uplifted my spirit. I was really encouraged when he talked about their preparation for that concert. That when the time of performance came, all you really have to do is to savor "the fruit of your labor" because you really have nothing more to do but to enjoy the moment.

Anyway, we're leaving at 4AM later. I'm still thinking if I'm gonna get some sleep. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment