Excitement Killer

Today my family was supposed to go to Antipolo for our church's annual retreat. Woke up early despite sleeping in late from last night's revival service. The food for lunch was also ready thanks to Ma. And as our car moved out of our garage, only a few meters away from our house it stops. My dad was puzzled. No matter how he starts the engine, it sounded like it was missing something which later we would learn that it was the "something" belt that was needed for the car to run. It was not long that people in the neighborhood took notice of us and gathered to see what the problem was. Thank God because there was a mechanic in the neighborhood. So my brother and I with the help of other guys in the neighborhood, pushed the car back to our garage.

Do you know the feeling of anticipating for something then suddenly it doesn't happen? All of us I think felt that. For me I was already longing for swimming in a pool. It's already playing and replaying in my mind, then suddenly it won't happen anymore. It sucks.

But I believe the Lord had purposes beyond what our eyes can see. So we spent the rest of the day in rest. Netty and I went back to bed until lunch time. And I continued to sleep through the afternoon. And now I'm wide awake. Restless because of the ministry stuff I'm reading off the Internet. I get restless thinking of ministry. I believe it's what you call passion. But I might sleep any time soon, because tomorrow Netty and I will be going to Makati to visit her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment