Prayer for the Night

Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.
You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.
You have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have known the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 16


Who God is:

  • He is my refuge ... I am secure
  • He is my righteousness ... I will be confident and not be burdened by Guilt
  • He is my Father ... I can come to Him as I am, I can say and pour out my heart to Him
  • He is my counselor ... I am led to the right path
  • He is my inheritance ... I will never be empty-handed
  • He is my right hand ... I can trust him
  • He is my security ... I will not worry
  • He is my ever present help ... I will not fear
  • He is my joy and pleasure ... I will delight in Him


My response:

  • I will praise the Lord
  • I will not be shaken
  • My heart will be glad
  • My tongue will rejoice
  • My body will rest secure
  • I will be joyful


No comments:

Post a Comment