In Photos: The Month That Was

I'd like to share to you some of my memorable photos in the past few weeks:

This was just this evening. I met up with some of the guys in my student DGroup (L-R: Dan, Calvin, Morris, Sid and Chimi (he's the one taking the pic) to catch up after our Radical Outbreak convergence in Baguio. I wasn't able to spend much time with them in Baguio, so this get together was a much awaited one. I am rejoicing with the stories and reflections I heard from these guys. Praying that they will continue to grow in the Lord.

This was taken last Sunday at LifeSource. Just so happened that Ronel and I wore a complimentary shade and stripes and it reminded me that Christmas is drawing near. Ronel is an XA alumni from UP Los Banos and is now taking his MA in La Salle. Very, very bright kid.

RADICAL OUTBREAK


Delegates from Radical Outbreak Baguio and Cebu

What a privilege to speak before students of Chi Alpha at Radical Outbreak Baguio and Cebu. I did the welcome and wrap up sessions.

Hanging out with Chi Alpha Luzon Team at Baguio's 50s Diner. It's a great encouragement to everybody when like minds with the same passion and burden for students meet together and share a meal.

Hanging out with Brian Lopez, RadCon Baguio's program coordinator. We met back in 2004 in AIYS, but this is the first time we've really worked together. He's really an awesome guy. Learned so much from this guy. He's a great motivator, with a great passion for leading worship and ministering to young people.

One of our candid moments with the XA team. I really appreciate this photo because it reminds me that ministry can be serious without being somber. We always love a good laugh.

Behind every successful man is a woman. And that woman in my life is Nette. I really thank God for giving me a loving and supportive wife. I'm blessed to be with her serving with me during the convergence. Thanks by, I love you!


A meeting in progress. Met with XA Visayas leaders and coordinators to catch up, share stories and victories and values. These people can move and mobilize. Each of us has caught the vision.

 This was during our road trip in Cebu the day after the Cebu convergence. I'm with Jed, Japhet and Gadiel. Jed is my co-staff in XA Luzon. Japhet and Gadiel are Ate Merla's disciple in Toledo City. I thank God because He is raising the next generation of student missionaries and campus workers. In fact, I surveyed almost on each locale God has placed a young trailblazer in Chi Alpha. Makes me excited for the things to come!

The icing on the cake. Our time in Cebu was taking toll on our physical. So when Kuya Paul Mongas took us in The Port in Waterfront Hotel, and treat us to an eat-all-you-can buffet, it lifted all our spirits. The best ka talaga Kuya Paul!

SEMENDERS

Our last Dgroup gathering in PUP. After weeks of failing to meet together because of the final exams, we finally made our last hurrah for the semester and almost everyone turned up for the gathering. Cookie cheers for a great 1st semester!

Sem end doesn't mean we can't go meet new friends. We made new friends with students from Technological University of the Philippines. We had a small gathering in the Chinese Garden in Luneta, had fun games and fellowship and shared to them the good news.

This photo was during my birthday party last September. But I'm highlighting this because the guy beside me, Chester, my disciple from CEU will not be with us in 2nd Semester. He will be staying with his mom in Italy for a while and will be back 2nd Semester next school year. I miss this guy. Our last Sunday together at church made me cry and realize the attachment I had with these precious ones. :'(
We'll see each other soon. :)

We ended our semester with a great semender party! Everyone turned up and more! Looking at this photo reminded me of the months we spent serving in University Belt, and truly our work in the Lord is not in vain.

BONUS

These are video clips from our semender party ...

Team Building Reflection

Icebreaker

No comments:

Post a Comment