It's 22nd night of my Internet fast. I praise God that He enabled me to be faithful in committing in this discipline. I thought, it's not a difficult feat, once you set your heart on it. I'm not saying that I perfectly did it, because at certain times though refrain from plugging from the Internet, the part where I should devote myself to communion with God sometimes slips out of my discipline.

This month has been a time of utter lowness in terms of personal confidence. I've been failing in relationships. I thank God that He gave me the courage to face it. I am made to face my selfishness, pride and conceit.

One thing I learned that change or transformation doesn't arrive when you refrain from vehicles that lead to the failure to meet the standard of God, but it happens through an inner decision, even at the expense of committing yourself to daily renewal; an inner pact with the inner self to preserve self-respect and ultimately actively committing to a daily renewed/fresh desire to the denial of self.

Lord, help me not to miss my mark. I am Your polished arrow. I thank You that I am able to commune with You, as I am, as one talking to a friend. See me through the blood of Christ. Thank You for giving me good friends. Help me to cherish and treasure them today more than yesterday. I love You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment