Life in a Nutshell

Here are some random thoughts thats been going on with me in the past few weeks:

Yesterday while I was driving along North Harbor on the way to my 2-5 class. I caught a flat tire. It was the first time that it happened to me on the road, so I was quite scared. Good thing my dad taught me one time how to change a flat tire. Changing the front-left tire along North Harbor would be suicide because of the 18-wheelers. So I went inside a pier to find a suitable place to change it. Somehow I managed to lift the car with a jack, but couldn't unscrew the tire, so halfway through the process the porters in the pier came to give a hand. It was like midday so it was very hot and I was sweating. After they got the tire replaced. I drove to a vulcanizing shop to have the tire vulcanized and replaced again and had the car washed since it was impossible to catch up to class. This is my second consecutive time to be absent in Dr. T's class.

My subjects are starting to get demanding. Especially my Hebrew Book Study class. Our professor is intimidating. We are expected to read, translate and parse a chapter of Genesis in Hebrew every meeting. I'm enjoying it actually, but the pressure plus the intimidation sometimes are nerve-wracking. Originally this was my Thursday PM class but it was moved to Monday PM. I kinda lost my rest day which is Monday because of this and I'm slowly feeling exhaustion weighing down on my body in the morning.

Finally I was able to watch Transformers with Netty last Friday. A total guy movie. The visuals are too cool to handle. It became dragging when the Autobots came with their colorful bodies especially when you put Optimus Prime and Bumblebee together like a children's party. Human supporting characters--too comical and stereotyped (The black hip-hop nerd did it.) Forget my rants. The movie is still awesome. Perhaps movie of the year. Can't wait for the proposed sequels.

1 comment: