I Started A Joke ...

A very funny and interesting thing happened this afternoon during my Carecell. We ordered a large 18" yellow cab NY pizza cris-cut for Carecell. It was big and really good, it was done in less than an hour except for the last small piece. A partially "bald" slice with much of the surface is the edge of the crust.

It has been a way for us to refrain from eating the last piece of morsel on the table out of modesty. It's like when you eat the last piece the implications are a bit foolish but harsh. One would think he would be perceived by the people with him as a glutton and self-centered, by not giving way for others to have the last piece. So it becomes an endless finger-pointing telling the other person "you take the last piece."

So in order for this to end, I proposed a game that we would play kompyang or maalis-alis (black versus white). And the last one who remains finishes the slice. As we begin, it came into my mind that there was a donut that has been sitting on the fridge for over the week now from last week's worship team practice, also fell victim of the last-piece-curse. It was glazed with chocolate, frozen cold. I raised the bar of the game higher: The last two who will remain should play rock-paper-scissors and whoever wins gets to choose what the loser will eat between the last pizza and the cold donut.

So we began to play, with each turn the number of players got fewer until guess who were the last two to remain: Zarah Grace and me. The youth pastor and the youth president. And so there it was, me and Zarah Grace head to head for the power to choose who will eat what. And both of us knew that we don't wanna eat the cold donut. The game was race to three. Zarah got the first score, I got the next two, Zarah got the next. It was a tie. My rock lost to Zarah's paper. It was very funny, We were laughing our hearts out because my plan backfired. So I ended up eating the cold donut to the cheer of my members. I said to myself, "Humor talaga ni Lord o!" He knows I'm bad at losing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment