Birthday Prayer

26 years. I may have come a long way, age-wise and some, but not to the point of contentment. In fact I consider myself yet far from the goal I've been pursuing, the goal of perfect peace and intimacy with my Father.

Lord, my prayer for my birthday is another 26 years of hot pursuit for You. Again, Lord, I want to follow hard after You. Forgive me if there are still lapses in my walk with You, I am alone at fault. In these unfaithful moments may Your precious grace abound. Lord preserve me, make me holy in the truest sense of Your Word.

Indeed Father You don't owe me anything, but in Your perfect love You chose to pursue me, even sometimes I think as if I deserve to be blessed. Who are you to think that your service outshine and outweigh His selfless outpouring of life and blood on the cross? Lord let Thou increase and I decrease. I am but a servant. Lord, give me opportunities to live out Your image one day at a time.

Thank You, Lord, for people who constantly love and care for me--one of Your truest and most practical manifestations of blessing and grace in my life. Remind me to always cherish them always and not to take them for granted. I ask Father that You preserve my family in Your grace and blessing and my future wife, preserve us both until that blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment