Day in The Life: Visit to the doctor

Just got home. Today finally after three days of delayed action, I got up to visit the doctor. Not by my own efforts though, if not for my persistent Netty who's vowed never to see me this week if don't see a doctor. So after lunch I picked her up. Driving today was hellish. It's mad hot, it's traffic because of lots of road works, plus my rough coughing--I was on the verge of losing patience.

Finally we arrived, the place was jam-packed. I was 10th on the line. I was a bit embarassed because Netty has seen my check-up history since 2000. Some still recurring, some I totally forgot I had. My turn comes and the diagnosis: I have three things happening all at the same time. I had acute bacterial sinusitis, something I'm very familiar with already. Dry coughing and sore throat. Dr. de Guzman said its rampant these days because of the heat. And he gave me three presciptions for each. After check-up we went to the drugstore to buy meds. After that we went to G4 to have dinner.

+

I was already becoming cranky because its past six and the headache and sore throat are taking their toll (they get worse in the evening, specifically from 6 to 12). Every cough triggers a very painful headache.

As we begin to eat, I saw this dad approaching where her young daughter was seated. Looks like a daddy-daughter bonding. As he was preparing their food on the table, her daughter got to excited and knocked the biggie-size cola spilling it on the table and on the girl. And immediately my thought was what a clumsy girl this was and if I was the dad I would really be annoyed. But the dad didn't get mad, not even a hint of irritation. Immediately he wipes his daughter's soaked clothes and sends her to the comfort room. Then suddenly He opened my eyes to see. How God is like that. That sometimes, we think He snaps the moment we mess up. But instead we find a patient Father who loves His children unconditionally. The crew moves them to another table at the dad's command. And the girl returns and finds her soda restored. And they ate and had a great time together like nothing happened before. What an overwhelming revelation in common daily life.

+

At the end of the day, I realize again what a blessed man I am. That He would allow someone like me to be with someone like Netty. I am humbled and amazed about this grace, who loves and takes care of me. She arranged the times when I should take my meds, put them in small packets with notes when to take them. I jokingly told her that its good that I have a personal nurse, but of course I am very thankful and blessed to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment