Day in the Life: Weight Loss and An Embarassing Moment

Day in the Life: Weight Loss and An Embarassing Moment

This morning woke up at 10AM. Today Netty and I would be visiting Ate Merla at the Chi Alpha house. After lunch, prepared myself and while checking myself on the mirror I noticed that I lost some weight. I mean I noticed it. I thought perhaps this was the result of sleepless nights this week. I wanted to ask my mom to confirm my observation, but I just kept my mouth shut.

Took LRT to school. I had to return a book to a professor. It's been a while since I took the train again. Checked out the class schedules for next semester. I noticed that I have completed a significant number of subjects for my degree and its great, I might be graduating sooner than I thought. Paid my tution dues.

Had an embarassing moment at school: As I was entering school I noticed a guy wave at me by the stairs. I couldn't make up his face so I went closer to see who it was, and I didn't know the guy. He was trying to say something. I tried to clarify. But he said, "Never mind." OK, so perhaps this guy's trying to ask for money or something. I mean many times I've been asked by strangers for some coins. So went in, did my stuff and it's time to leave. As I was leaving, I noticed the guy enter the school with Deando, a friend from Central AG and also a schoolmate, one of the churches of Section 2. I met them and Deando introduced him as a youth from their church. I mean I was so embarassed because finally it dawned to me that his face was familiar, perhaps I have seen him from last sectional fellowship, perhaps even prayed with this guy. I just never thought that I would meet him in an unexpected place. They were there to participate in a recital for the music course. Needless to say, I apologized to death even as we parted ways. Another "suplado" moment on my record.

Also while at school, someone noticed my weight loss. I was like, "really?" with matching ear-clapping. I mean it wasn't a significant of weight loss. You might be disappointed when you see me. It is such a deal because for sometime now I was puffed up because of lack of exercise and proper diet. And I really wanted to get back into shape.

After school, went to Netty's place. Her clinic is already closed. Said hi to family and took off. Took MRT to Gateway, had Dairy Queen after a very long time. Then took LRT2 to Pureza. After a long travel finally we arrived at Ate Merla's place. She cooked dinner for us. Ate Joy was also there. She's getting married in 6 weeks. And she's quite busy now with wedding preparations. Boyet from TLA is her soon to be husband. Happy for them. Again my loss of weight had been noticed, to my girlfriend's disbelief. It was a great time of food and fellowship, catching up on each one's lives. Talks of relationships and faith and testimonies. It was all good. After dinner, I was sleepy, a common effect after I get full. After staying for a few more minutes. We said our goodbyes, took Netty home and came home almost 12NN.

No comments:

Post a Comment