Grace Undeserved

I just got home an hour ago from work. Today is just a half day at work as government ruling. Thankful because despite the half day I managed to get some work done. I'm quite happy with my work in APMedia. Like I said in my previous post, it's a perfect fit (for now). "For now" because I don't know where the Lord will take me next.


This week I had a very good reminder of who God is in my life. I unintentionally hurt someone very close to me this week because of my "me-ness" (or meanness). I really felt bad because no matter which angle you look at it, it was my fault. During this time of sorrow thinking of how I can resolve and redeem myself from this I was riding a train, it was rush hour. And amidst the crowded, even suffocating boxed car, beside me sat a little girl, three or four, holding from the pleats of his standing dad's pants. As I observe this cute little girl, I can't help but notice her confidence and "child-likeness" despite the crowded, intimidating room--all because she was in the company of her dad. No fear, no worries and even hesitations, it's as if the past didn't wasn't behind her, the future didn't bother her. What's important is now where she's in her father's presence. Then it hit me, as if God himself was speaking to me, "hey, I am your Father. You can come to me." I realized that it's been a while since I looked at God as my Father. Amidst the busyness of work and ministry, I looked at Him as my Master. But at that moment He reminded me, more than my struggles and desire to do something great for Him, more than anything else, He wanted me, my heart and my child-like devotion to my Father. I realized, a husband can still be a childlike son of faith to His Father. And He doesn't withhold His love and assurance from His sons. So I return like the elder brother of a prodigal son. After that moment of revelation, I was reconciled and humbled before the person I hurt and experienced a strong moment of grace. Grace, always undeserved, yet because of Love, compels the giver to lay low despite the wrongs done to them; and compels the wrongdoer to once more stand as an equal, compelling them to love the Giver even more.

"May you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God." - Eph 3:18-19 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment