Day in the Life

I'm here right now at the ICI Office. See my work is shared by three organizations of the Assemblies of God US. Waiting for Ptr Sur and the XA team to finish their meeting and we'll have lunch later. 

Woke up today a bit sore, everyday I wake up lacking energy, but today is more prominent. Anyway, the weekend has flied so fast. I felt I didn't have enough rest that the weekend provides. Saturday I stayed longer at the clinic to wait for my wife to finish. We went home around 7PM via LRT. Sunday morning I preached for the last time in our daughter church in Valenzuela. They have already been informed of our transition. After my preaching, before the pastor closed in prayer, he informed the congregation of our transition, pausing abruptly to hold back his emotion. I didn't expect that kind of appreciation and the impact I had with them. But it's a breather to feel appreciated and validated of our work. They prayed for me and my wife. My wife has low tears. I told them, it's OK, we will just be around, we're still in the Philippines. But still, I will miss them. The feeling is like crashing your hard drive, you forget some files that are in there, but when the time comes when you need it, you realize you've lost it forever. That's how it feels when you realize your decisions have many effects unexpected and unwanted. But still, we have to move on.


After church, we went with my parents to SM North to have lunch and grocery. This is why weekends feel so short. I miss my time with my parents now that I am married. I think it's just normal. It's like finding reasons to be with them, and even creating reasons to be with them. It's not that I'm like a mama's boy or papa's boy, but I am want their fellowship.


The video footage and presentation of our wedding came a few weeks ago. It's just last week that we had the time to view it. It is a testament of how God provided for us. It was a miracle. And this is the promise I can hold on to when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment