Life Well-Lived

Last night I received a very sad news. A friend was included in the recent Baguio bus tragedy last Wednesday. Her name is Cerni Casidsid. I call her Ate Cerni. If I remember we first met in The Call event in Iloilo City back in 2005. But after that, our paths often crossed unannounced because it happens that we are both attending the same event or what. She is from Aklan, and also a close friend of Ate Merla, who is understandably distraught. Incidentally, my wife and I will be flying to Iloilo in a few hours. I don't know what to expect. I do know that despite the tragedy and we will sure miss her, I know that she is in the presence of God, perhaps in a heavenly beach or something. She lived a well lived life while she was here. It made me think about me think about my own life also. We get these wake up calls when someone in close proximity departs this world. Because sometimes we live as if we will never leave this place. Makes you think about how are you doing in the things that matter. And what are the things that matter? A life lived in worship, in obedience to God. We labor not to earn our rights, we labor because it's the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment